Homemade Taco Seasoning – SUPER easy to make and tastes 1000xs better than the packets. Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Makes enough to replace one packet of store-bought seasoning. I like to triple or quadruple the recipe and store it in an air-tight container. Taco night never tasted so good! #taco #seasoning #glutenfree #lowcarb #ketofriendly
Recently, I’ve been noticing that I don’t like the flavor of the taco seasoning packets in the store. The flavor is just off. I decided to go in search of a good homemade taco seasoning and found this one on allrecipes.com It is wonderful. I love that I can control the amount of salt in the seasoning! Some of those packets are super salty!
What’s in Homemade Taco Seasoning
This taco seasoning recipe uses chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
This recipe makes the same amount as a packet of taco seasoning from the store, about 3 tablespoons. This is the perfect amount for one pound of ground beef.
- Is Homemade Taco Seasoning low-carb and keto-friendly? Yes! This homemade seasoning blend is low in carbs. There is no sugar or flour in this seasoning mix.
- Is this taco seasoning gluten-free? Yes. There is no flour in this seasoning mix. Make sure to check the labels on the seasonings to ensure they are gluten-free. Gluten-free chili powder can be tricky to find. Look for Badia Chili Powder in the Mexican food section.
- Feel free to adjust the seasoning blend to your personal preference.
- Can double, triple, or quadruple the recipe and store seasoning in an air-tight container.
How to Use Homemade Taco Seasoning
This seasoning does have a kick from the red pepper flakes, but you can leave that out if you don’t want any heat. I’ve made several of our favorite Mexican dishes with this seasoning and the flavor is fantastic. We both prefer it to the store-bought stuff. To cook one pound of hamburger, brown the meat and drain the fat. Add the seasoning and 2/3 cup of water. Simmer for about 5 or 10 minutes and serve.
Use this seasoning in any recipe that calls for a packet of taco seasoning. Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that use taco seasoning:
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container.
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe