This recipe is from Plain Chicken reader, Jennifer Colson. She calls the recipe chicken tetrazzini. I already have a couple of tetrazzini recipes, so I call this Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole. We thought this was great. It makes a ton. It would be a great potluck dish. It can be made ahead of time and frozen or refrigerated. I suggest dividing this into two 9-inch pans and freezing one of them for later. Each pan would serve about 6 people. This is good reheated for lunch or dinner the next day. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us Jennifer!
Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Casserole
- 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken (1 whole rotisserie chicken)
- 12 oz spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 16 oz sour cream (I used light)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine first 12 ingredients. Spread into a lightly greased 9x13-inch dish (or 2 9x9-inch dishes). Top with cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.
Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes, until bubbly.