This is a great recipe to use up any leftover cooked chicken. I actually like to use rotisserie chicken in this recipe. It is quick and tastes great. I've made this several times and it is always well received. I like to serve it on mini croissant rolls, but it is also good on crackers. This is great for a party because it can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Make a batch for tailgating this weekend. I promise, this chicken salad is not to be missed!
Southwestern Chicken Salad
- 10 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime juice, juiced
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (12 oz) cups cooked chicken
- 1 (11 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro (2 tsp dried)
Cover and refrigerate 25-30 minutes before serving.