This is not your ordinary chicken salad. It is packed full of great southwestern flavors. It has corn, peppers, tomatoes, lime juice, taco seasoning and cilantro. It is out of this world delicious! Chicken Legs said this was better than restaurant quality. He said I should open a restaurant and sell this.
This is a great recipe to use up any leftover cooked chicken. I actually like to use rotisserie chicken in this recipe. It is quick and tastes great. I've made this several times and it is always well received. I like to serve it on mini croissant rolls, but it is also good on crackers. This is great for a party because it can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. Make a batch for tailgating this weekend. I promise, this chicken salad is not to be missed!
Southwestern Chicken Salad
- 10 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime juice, juiced
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (12 oz) cups cooked chicken
- 1 (11 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro (2 tsp dried)
Cover and refrigerate 25-30 minutes before serving.