This Orzo Salad can be served warm or cold. We ate it both ways and it was great either way. We actually ate it warm for lunch and cold for lunch the next day. It is one of those dishes that gets better as it sits. It has more time for the dressing to soak into the pasta and veggies. Give this a try at your next cookout. Everyone will thank you!
serves 12 to 15
- 1 (16-oz) package orzo pasta
- 1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (3.5-oz) jar capers, drained
- 1 (14-oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (2.25-oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and transfer to large bowl. Mix in roasted red peppers, capers, artichoke hearts, and black olives.
Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano and parsley. Pour over orzo and vegetables. Toss to combine.
Serve warm or refrigerate for later.