The Perfect Burger – we finally found the recipe for the Perfect Burger! One bite and you will agree. We ate these burgers twice in one week! SO good!!! Ground beef, egg, chili sauce, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce. The recipe is easy to double or triple for a crowd. Can make patties ahead of time and freezer for later. Simply THE BEST!
The Best Juicy Burger
I have finally found The Perfect Burger recipe. OMG! They are so juicy and packed full of amazing flavor. Ground beef, egg, chili sauce, horseradish, and Worcestershire sauce. These burgers are seriously the best. This is a great recipe for all of your summer cookouts and upcoming tailgates this fall! Serve the burgers on a soft bun with your favorite toppings with some potato salad. YUM!
How to Make The Perfect Burger
The burgers are very easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. In a large bowl, gently combine ground meat, an egg, horseradish, chili sauce, sea salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into three equal patties and cook until they reach your desired doneness. Top the burgers with a slice of cheese and cook just until melted.
Helpful Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- I use Heinz Chili Sauce – it is near the ketchup.
- What is the best ground beef for burgers? I prefer to use 80/20 ground chuck. It is 80% meat and has a 20% fat content.
- Using a lean meat can result in dry burgers.
- Can substitute ground turkey to make turkey burgers.
- Do not overwork your ground beef. Make an indentation with your finger in the center of each patty to prevent the burger from plumping up in the center while cooking.
- The hamburger patties can be cooked outside on a gas grill or charcoal grill over direct heat or on the stovetop in a grill pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. If you are cooking them inside, feel free to add a dash of liquid smoke to the hamburger mixture. That will give them the flavor of being cooked outside on the grill without actually cooking them on the grill.
- How to cook burgers in a cast-iron skillet: https://www.plainchicken.com/cast-iron-skillet-burgers/
- You can make the hamburger patties ahead of time and refrigerate the patties overnight or freeze them for later.
- I use a kitchen scale and a burger press with burger papers to form perfect patties. I buy everything on Amazon. Here are the products that we use (affiliate links):
- Burger Press
- Burger Papers
- Kitchen Scale
- Top the burgers with a slice of cheese. I usually use American cheese on burgers because it melts beautifully. Feel free to use your favorite cheese. Anything goes! Cheddar, provolone, and swiss cheese are all delicious.
- The recipe is easy to double or triple for a crowd. Can make patties ahead of time and freezer for later.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
What to Serve with the Perfect Homemade Burger
We think this is the best burger recipe around. Serve the burgers on hamburger buns. We like to use a toasted bun. Top the burgers with cheese, bacon, crisp lettuce, red onion, tomato, pickles, mayonnaise, and mustard. We like to serve the burgers with some fries, potato salad, or pasta salad.
Here are a few of our favorite recipes from the blog that go great with this classic beef burger:
Cracked Out Deviled Eggs
Cracked Out Deviled Eggs – Deviled eggs loaded with cheddar, bacon, and ranch. These things are dangerously DELICIOUS!!! Can make…
Grilled Potato Salad
Grilled Greek Potato Salad Recipe – the BEST potato salad EVER! SO much amazing flavor! Grilled red potatoes tossed in…
Sweet Macaroni Salad
Sweet Macaroni Salad – seriously THE BEST macaroni salad EVER!! I took this to a potluck and it was the…
Chick-fil-a Coleslaw – They might have taken it off the menu, but I was able to get the recipe directly…
The Perfect Burger
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- In a bowl, combine egg, chili sauce, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape meat into 3 or 4 patties.
- Grill or broil until desired doneness.
- Serve on hamburger bun with favorite toppings.
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
Thank you so much for this recipe! I made these tonight and they’re awesome! The horseradish and chili sauce give these burgers so much flavor, like a “beefiness”, for lack of a better description, without “telling on themselves”. I don’t think I’ll ever make burgers any other way from now on!
fixed these last night and thought they were delicious!
I like the sound of this mixture. New flavor combo. I love a good burger too. Thanks for sharing.
Wishes for tasty dishes,
My grandmother had an old adage, your condiments and add-ons should never be taller than your burger and bun. She also never cared for anything cold to be a topping on a hot hamburger. That one I agree with. The tall deal I'm still working on.