This is one of the most popular recipes on Recipezaar.com and I can see why. This was really quick and easy to make. I cut up the chicken into chunks and sauteed it in olive oil and butter. I used half milk and half whipping cream to cut down on the calories. I also added about a tablespoon of flour to help thicken it up. This was really good and I will be making this again.
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips or chunks
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente (I used whole wheat linguine)
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 cup heavy whipping cream (I used half 1% milk and half whipping cream)
- 2 Tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Reduce heat add heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN