This is a really quick weeknight meal. I used some leftover rotisserie chicken for the casserole and it came together in less than 5 minutes. This was great! We both cleaned our plates and went back for seconds. It was hard to stop eating. It was even good the next day for lunch. Next time I make this (there will be a next time) I might use Doritos instead of plain tortilla chips. I think that would put this over the top!
Fiesta Chicken Casserole
- 3 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles, undrained
- 1 Tbsp Southwestern or Taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips or Doritos
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine chicken, rice, soup, Rotel, seasoning, milk and 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Pour into a lightly greased 9x9 pan. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Top casserole with crushed chips and remaining cheese, bake uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
CONNECT WITH PLAIN CHICKEN