We like to make nachos with our leftover pot roast, but this time we made some pot roast sliders. We used King's Hawaiian rolls (we love those rolls) and topped the meat with some swiss cheese. We popped them in the oven for a few minutes to heat them through and melt the cheese. Finally, we topped them with a creamy chipotle sauce. YUM! I love that we got two different meals with this recipe. This is going in the dinner rotation.
Three Envelope Pot Roast
- 1 3-4 lb beef roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa (or water if you don't want it spicy)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 envelope Au Jus mix
Whisk together water, salsa and seasoning packets. Place roast in slow cooker. Pour seasoning mixture over roast. Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-5 hours.
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream (can use light)
- 1 tsp adobo sauce from chipotle peppers (or 2 Tbsp chili sauce if you don't want the heat)
- 2 tsp creamy horseradish sauce (I used Kraft)
Mix together and spread on sliders or use as a dip for wings or chicken fingers.