This is a Chicken Legs original recipe. He had these green beans at lunch a few years ago and asked the caterer for the recipe. She told would only tell him the ingredients, so we experimented with it until we got it just right.
These are the best green beans we've ever had - seriously!! The recipe uses a trio of peppers, onion, bacon and Italian marinade - not dressing. I used Ken's Garlic and Herb marinade, but any brand will work. Just make sure you don't use Italian dressing. We served these green beans at Christmas with the skirt steak and sautéed mushrooms. You are going to want to steal this recipe!
Italian Green Beans
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans green beans, drained
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Italian Marinade (not Italian dressing - I used Ken's Garlic and Herb marinade)
- 3/4 cup water
- cashew nuts, chopped
In medium pot, cook bacon until crispy. Add onions and peppers. Cook until onion is translucent and peppers are soft. Add green beans, marinade, water salt and pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped cashews.