Better than Jim ‘N Nick’s Cheese Biscuits – copycat recipe from the famous bar-b-q restaurant! Easy and delicious mini cheese biscuits – I ate WAY too many of these! Only 5 ingredients and ready in about 15 minutes! Bisquick, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla and cheddar cheese baked in a mini muffin pan. Whip up a batch ASAP!
Plain Chicken participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission when you make purchases through links on our site.
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe
Sweet & Savory Cheese Biscuits
This is our new favorite cheesy biscuit recipe – it is SOOO good. I am just going to say it – these just might be better than Jim ‘N Nick’s famous cheesy biscuits (which I could eat at least a dozen of all by myself). We loved these. The best part – they are incredibly easy to make! They are even good reheated. We ate them with dinner the next night too. Just slap some honey butter on these puppies and go to town!
What is Jim N Nicks?
Jim N Nick’s Bar-B-Q is a barbecue restaurant that was started in 1985 by the late Jim Pihakis in Birmingham, Alabama. Since then, they have grown to become a Southern institution, with 37 restaurants in seven states. Their famous biscuits are on the list of 100 Dishes to Eat in Alabama Before You Die.
How to Make Copycat Jim N Nick’s Cheese Biscuits
These biscuits are super easy to make with only a few simple ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together Bisquick baking mix, buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Incorporate shredded cheese into the Bisquick mixture with a rubber spatula. Spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake in a preheated oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the biscuits comes out clean. Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter, if desired. Remove biscuits from the muffin tin and cool on a wire rack.
Helpful Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- To make homemade buttermilk, combine 1 cup milk with 1 Tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the milk starts to curdle.
- Can I bake muffins in a regular-size muffin pan? Yes! You will need to increase the baking time.
- Can I freeze muffins? Yes! Bake the muffins and cool completely. Place biscuits in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
What to Serve with Jim N Nick’s Cheese Biscuits
Looking for more biscuit recipes? Here are some popular recipes from the blog:
Better than Jim ‘N Nick’s Cheesy Biscuits
- 1½ cups Bisquick
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbps sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly spray a MINI muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together all ingredients just until combined. Scoop into a mini muffin pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden.