This is the recipe for my Mom’s dressing. She baked it with a boneless turkey breast. I am posting the recipe for safe-keeping. This is good stuff!
prep time: 5 MINScook time: 2 hourtotal time: 2 hours and 5 mins
3 stalks celery
1 (10.75-oz) can cream of chicken
2 (14.5-oz) cans chicken stock
1 (10.75-oz) can cream of mushroom
3 pieces of wheat or white bread
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
sage, to taste
- Chop onion and celery. Place in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Crumble cornbread into a large bowl. Tear bread slices into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients to the cornbread mixture. Stir to combine.
- Place dressing into roasting pan. Top with turkey.
- Cover dressing with foil (leaving turkey breast uncovered) and bake at 350 until turkey breast is done – about 2 hours.
All images and text ©Plain Chicken, Inc.