Arnold Palmer Cupcakes Recipe – Sweet Tea and Lemonade cupcakes. SO good!! Lemon cake mix, eggs, oil, tea, powdered sugar, butter, tea-infused milk, and lemon extract. Perfect dessert for watching The Masters, cookouts, and potlucks.
Originally posted April 7, 2015
Arnold Palmer Cupcakes for The Masters
These Arnold Palmer Cupcakes are a must for your upcoming Masters golf tournament watch parties and all of your Spring & Summer parties. Sweet tea and lemon cupcakes – so light and refreshing! Lemon and sweet tea cupcakes topped with a lemon and sweet tea buttercream frosting. SO good! Not only are these cupcakes delicious but they are also easy to make with a box of cake mix! You must give these a try ASAP!
What is an Arnold Palmer?
An Arnold Palmer drink is half tea half lemonade. Per Wikipedia, Palmer “was in the habit of drinking iced tea with lemonade at home, and in 1960 at the U.S. Open at the Cherry Hills Country Club in Denver, he ordered the non-alcoholic drink at the bar. A woman sitting nearby overheard him, and ordered “that Palmer drink”, thus giving the beverage its name.”
How To Make Arnold Palmer Cupcakes
These cupcakes are super simple to make with only a few simple ingredients. Bring some water to boil and add two tea bags. Let the tea steep for 5 minutes and discard tea bags. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, and tea. Place cupcake liners in two muffin tins. Spoon batter into the muffin cups and bake according to the package directions. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin tins and cool completely on wire racks.
To make the buttercream, in a small saucepan heat milk or heavy whipping cream just until it starts to boil. Add a teabag to the hot milk and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags and let the milk cool completely. In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Slowly add in confectioners’ sugar, lemon extract, and the cooled milk. Mix the butter mixture until light and fluffy. Add a few drops of yellow food coloring and mix well. Frost the cooled cupcakes with the lemon tea frosting.
Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
- Do not make the cake mix according to the package directions. You are using the dry mix.
- Can add lemon zest or lemon juice to the cake batter and frosting.
- I use Lipton iced tea bags.
- This recipe makes 2 dozen cupcakes.
- You can bake the cake in cake pans or a 9×13-inch pan if you prefer.
- Store the cupcakes covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- The cupcakes will keep up to 2 days at room temperature and up to a week in the refrigerator.
Easy Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
This easy dessert has quickly become a favorite! I make this cake for Masters week, cookouts, potlucks, and birthday parties. Everyone LOVES them. I don’t drink iced tea, but I absolutely love these yummy cupcakes. They are bursting with great flavor. Give these a try. They are sure to become a favorite at your house too!
Arnold Palmer Cupcakes
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tea bags
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 cup butter ,room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- 1 tea bag
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- yellow food coloring
- Heat water to boiling. Place 2 tea bags in boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and let water cool.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 muffin pan cups with cupcake liners.
- Beat together cake mix, tea, eggs and oil at medium speed of a hand-held mixer for 2 minutes. Scoop batter into lined muffin pan cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small sauce pan, bring whipping cream to a simmer. Remove from heat. Place tea bag in cream and let steep for 5 minutes. Cool completely in refrigerator.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, whipping cream, and lemon extract; mix until light and fluffy. Add a few drops of yellow food coloring and mix. If necessary, gradually add more powdered sugar to reach desired consistency.
- Frost cupcakes with buttercream and enjoy!
Remember this recipe.
Pin this recipe to your favorite board now to remember it later!Pin This Recipe