BBQ Pot Roast over Cheddar Ranch Grits
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (4-5 lb.) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (12 oz) can coke
- 1 (12 oz) bottle chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk
Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over roast. Place roast in 6-quart slow cooker. Combine coke, chili sauce, worcestershire and hot sauce; pour over roast. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or on low 8-9 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker, reserving juices in slow cooker; keep roast warm.
Combine cornstarch and milk, stirring well; stir into slow cooker. Cook, uncovered on high 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce over roast.
- 1 1/2 cup quick cook grits (not instant)
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a medium pan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally Stir in Ranch mix and cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.